Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Ego-Breaker

So probably none of you have noticed the little button at the bottom of my blog. You can see the same little button at the bottom of, say, My meme can beat up your meme. It leads to my Site Meter page. This is a handy little service that lets you see who's been visiting your blog...it shows their ISP, IP address, approximate geographic location, when they checked it, how long they were there, where they came in from, what they clicked on to leave, etc.

Mostly, it is as I refer to it the Ego-Breaker. What Site Meter tells me is, my little bloggy doesn't get a lot of hits, 75% of those hits are me checking for comments (I hate having them e-mailed to me) or updating or what-have-you. And then there's all, say, four of you that actually read it.

And people searching Yahoo for "spankings in a doctor's office."

That's where the amusement is for even a little blog like mine. You can see search terms. Because I posted about going to the doctor (for the Bell's Palsy) and spankings (Loxie's 30th) in a short amount of time, someone from Seneca Falls searching Yahoo for the above phrase wound up on my page. Said person staid for 0 seconds - he clicked in and out. Technorati, a site that lets you search blogs, had me on the first page for both birthday spankings and Vandenbrink Carver for quite some time, so I got some hits (however brief) for those.

Spankings! Spankings! Spank spank spank spank!
There, that ought to about double my hits for the next week. Probably get a 0 second visit from somebody searching for "spanking Spike Lee" or something.

Anyway, fun stuff. Good way to show you what a little slice of the internet you have compared to, say, a waiter in New York.

1 comment:

Jinsane said...

OMG - that's some of the funniest shit I've read in a while. Damn.

Thanks for the giggles!