Thursday, March 15, 2007

This rug really tied the room together, did it not?

It's been a crazy week. Last Saturday was the birthday of my brother-in-law and my nephew's wife (niece-in-law, I guess?), but I had no time to visit them...for Saturday was also Lebowskifest Seattle!

Lebowskifest was fun. Lots of people dressed up as characters from the movie, bowled, drank, and generally acted goofy. Launchpad, Loxie, Jen, and myself shared a lane with Greg, Willow, and Mike from Boise, Idaho. It was cool to kind of be forced to interact with these strangers. They turned out to be really nice folks and very entertaining. Launchpad and I had a lot of White Russians, which the bar staff was making literally by the bucket. Launchpad also had a pitcher of beer, and that combined with the caucasians...well, he was regretting that choice by the end of the night. And the whole next day. But I think he had fun anyway.

Speaking of the next day, Sunday was my son's sixth birthday. So that was fun, to spend Saturday night drinking and Sunday dealing with a six-year-old's birthday party. We kept it small this year, mostly family, and it went well. As always, the boy got spoiled and made out like a bandit on the presents.

Tuesday was my wife's birthday. We didn't do a whole lot other than go to lunch with her family. Tonight is a birthday party for a couple of friends, but unfortunately I don't think we're going to make it, due to lack of babysitting and such.

And tomorrow is our anniversary. I am referring to it as our 16/1 anniversary, as it marks sixteen years of us being together, and one year of being married.

Anyway...suppose I ought to get back to looking for a job. Mattbear out.

4 comments:

Wiwille said...

Happy 16/1 anniversery, birthday, child's birthday, in-law birthday, friends birthday, st patricks day, etc.

Mattbear said...

Thank you, sir!

Claire said...

Happy everything!

Mattbear said...

Thank you, Claire!