Thursday, August 09, 2007

My kid is more metal than your kid

So, I have a hookup on my car stereo for my iPod, and that's pretty much what I listen to when I'm driving. My six-year-old would frequently ask to hear certain songs that he knew were on my iPod, but it's really hard to search for a specific song from the stereo's interface. So I created a playlist just for him. No Rafi here; my kid listens to rock'n'roll.

So now pretty much whenever he's in the truck, he asks to listen to his playlist (yes, he uses that terminology, "my playlist"). One day last week, I was bringing him home from daycare and he's in the back rocking out to a song on his playlist (I think it was Radar Gun by the Bottlerockets). After I got out and opened his door, he jumped out and threw the horns. Both hands up above his head, throwin the horns like he was Ozzy Osbourne.

Yep, that's my kid. Couldn't deny it if I tried.

3 comments:

mungsprout said...

lol. I play the Soundscapes channel when Im at home. Do you think Nathan will start conducting an imaginary symphony soon lol

Wiwille said...

Awesome. You're father of the year.

Mattbear said...

Mungsprout - Maybe...music affects little ones more than we realize, I think. Perhaps it will help make him a calm, serene child. I've always played rock for Chas, and he's a little hellion. :)

Wiwille - Thanks! I think so. :)