Friday, December 16, 2005

Warning: Anger, profanity, bile, and villification ahead

I am fucking filled with rage this morning. Bush has butt-fucked the Bill of Rights again. The New York Times is reporting that Bush himself gave the ok for the NSA to wiretap U.S. citizens suspected of being involved with terrorist activities, without benefit of a warrant.

This enrages me, as it should any American citizen. That fuck swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when he was inaugurated - twice. The Constitution includes the Bill of Rights, which this administration (and Bush personally) have been trampling since September 11, 2001, when Bush family friend bin Laden pretty much wrote him an open ticket to do so. When the 9/11 tragedy happened, while processing what had happened and what it meant for our country, one of my earliest thoughts was "I hope the government doesn't use this as an excuse to override our rights." I wish, I wish, my first thoughts could have included something less cynical, like, "I'm sure our leaders will guide our nation through this difficult time, and pursue those responsible and bring them to justice." But experience has shown me otherwise, and they continue to prove my fears were founded.

9/11 is the roofie Bush slipped the sorority girl that is our Bill of Rights, and he fucked her with the (un)Patriot Act. Bullshit like warrantless wiretaps just show that after the Patriot Act, he flipped her over for some non-consensual backdoor action. And the New York Times? They're the drunk frat brother with the video camera, getting the whole thing on tape. They new about it a year ago, and didn't report on it until now "...because the White House said it could jeopardize continuing investigations..." Hmmm...like maybe the investigation into how Bush could win re-election, maybe? Motherfuckers.
I suggest a new motto for The Times..."All the news the White House says we can print, because we're Big Brother's fucking lapdog."

The excuse the White House uses for this shit? We caught a terrorist because of it. I'm sure the right wing idiots of this world will say we need to keep this country secure, so this is ok because they'll only spy on the terrorists. Right. That's why they've been using your tax money to infiltrate a Quaker peace activist group. Fuck yeah, get those Quakers. They might be the next ones to bomb us. Bush and his merry band of fucknobs aren't going to limit their spying to actual terrorists. They couldn't event they wanted to. History has shown that this kind of abuse of power gets used to fuck with political opposition as much as (if not more than) actually investigate crimes. This new Big Brother bullshit will just go to show more of the same. In J. Edgar Hoover's day it was Martin Luther King Jr., and today it's Quakers. After posting this, I'm pretty sure my phone is going to be tapped too.

I think it is seriously time to call for Bush's impeachment. All the fucking dirtbaggery has to catch up to him, it's time. Fuck. It's enough to make me wish Martin Sheen actually was the President. (No, I'm not dumb enough to believe he really is like his character on the show - the writing is just so good I wish I could believe it)

Goddamnit I am pissed off. I have to stop now before I have a fucking aneurism.

Side note (I hate it when people put P.S. on something they're writing on an editable word processing system): If you've ever watched "Inside the Actor's Studio", you know that at the end the host asks the celebrity five questions, one of which is "What is your favorite curse word?" - after looking over this post, I'm pretty sure there's no denying that mine is definitely FUCK.

- Mattbear out

4 comments:

Mattbear said...

Yeah, I heard that this morning and damn near cheered. The timing of the Times article was good in the sense that it happened right before the Patriot Act renewal vote, and pissed off even some die-hard Republicans so much that the Senate has blocked the Act as retribution. Hopefully, it will now get shot down, but I don't have a lot of hope.

The Plan? I wish I had one, brother. There needs to be some sweeping change in this country before we (the Citizen) will matter for a shit in our government ever again.

A start would be removing all corporate or special interest campaign donations. I think a good idea would be to enact a law that a candidate can't even know who donated to his campaign. Kill the lobby industry in D.C.
Get rid of the electoral college, make the President election by popular vote.
Remove gerrymandering.
Impeach every dirtbag who's been involved in shady campaign deals or other illegal activities.

That might get us started back on track.

Wiwille said...

While you know I agree with all you've posted here, including your latest comment, I find the fact that the lack of public outrage even more despicable then the fact that all of this happened.

I don't agree with a lot of the ideals of the 60s counter culture movement, but I admire them for their courage in getting their message out and taking it to the White House's front door.

We as a generation don't give a damn. As long as it doesn't directly affect us we'll sit in silence. It can be proven till we're blue in the face that our rights are being taken away, but we accept it for various reasons. Safety being one of them, but apathy really seems to dominate. As long as we sit in front of our high speed internet driven machines and can succesfully acheive a quick orgasam we'll never hit the streets demanding what is truly beneficial for this nation.

Patritotism is truly dead. The myth that 9-11 stirred it amongst us really pains me. The true American patriot fights for the ideals of the constitution, not tramples it or watch it fall by the wayside of our federal politic.

Our generation will continue to do nothing. Bush knows this. I'm dissapointed in all of us. Myself mostly.

Wiwille said...

Penn & Teller has an interesting take on our current Big Brother state. http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/6759/Penn_Teller_Bullshit_Patriot_Act.html

Mattbear said...

The apathy problem is a big one. For some of us, though, it's not apathy as much as frustration. What can we do? Our power has been taken away from us by our monstrously huge government and the lack of accountability that these dirtbags are taking for granted. Part of that, though, is the apathy. What if every dirtbag congressman who wouldn't speak up and vote for Bush's impeachment over this got recalled? But that will never happen. The voting populace is too lazy, and half of them don't know how the government and the electoral process works anyway.

We can vote. But guess what? That doesn't hold a lot of power either. I voted for "the other guy" last time, because my theory was (and still is, almost) "anyone but Bush". And what difference did it make? None. The brainwashed Jesusfreaks in the mid-west made sure of that. Even if we had elected the other rich-white-Yaley-SkullnBones, would things be that different? If you think yes, you're far more an optimist than I am.

I'm going to send a letter to all my congresspeople. You want my vote, you'll vote to impeach Bush. Otherwise, I'll vote for someone else. I wish others would do the same, but somehow I doubt it will happen.