Sunday, January 15, 2006

One funny little movie


The other day, Jen was telling me about some this computer-animated movie "Hoodwinked" that was a real indie production - the director guy was like living in a house with the computer animators and stuff, and he got some heavyweight actors (notably, Glenn Close) to do voice work for scale, etc. and then got it distributed by Harvey and Bob Weinstein. I was kinda, "oh, that's cool" about it and then forgot all about it.

So then Friday she says she wants to go to see a movie, and when I ask which one she naturally tells me "Hoodwinked". OK, I says, completely forgetting everything she'd told me about it until halfway through the movie.

Let me tell you, this is one damn funny movie. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I laughed out loud through much of the movie. Chas enjoyed it, but I think that mostly due to the animation and funny voices and sight gags. There were a lot of jokes in it that require a little more age to really get, so like some other computer-animated features of late this one is good for adults too. I heartily recommend it.

No comments: