Friday, January 13, 2006

Parade of the Freaks

So after reading a news story about a rather freakish person, I decided to post about a few who have made the news of late. First up, today's inspiration:

MSNBC had an article today about Jonathon Sharkey, who declared he is running for governor of Minnesota. What makes this stand out? Sharkey is a self-proclaimed vampire. Sorry, I guess it's "Vampyre" according to Sharkey. He says he wants to execute any terrorist caught in Minnesota by impaling them on a wooden spike in front of the capitol. He claims to represent the "Vampyres, Witches, and Pagans Party". Feeling that being a witch/pagan/whatever and having this guy claim to represent you would be bad, I passed the news along to a Wiccan friend. He already knew about Sharkey, and pointed me to Sharkey's site, particularly the part where he admits to having committed incest (that's near the bottom of that page). Not content to stop there, he also pointed out the conflict of claiming to be a satanist and a "Hecate" witch, that being that pagans who worship/believe in gods/godesses like Hecate don't believe in Satan. On a more mundane note, I'd also like to comment that his page design is horrible, especially the "Dark Side" page. Dear god, I'd need to smoke something mighty strong before I could stand reading that whole thing. Still not as bad as Sungod, though.

Note that Sharkey also states he is going to run for President in 2008. Ho-kay, time to take the meds, buddy.

Continuing with the crazy political candidate theme, Andrew Uitvlugt (what a name) ran for mayor of Kelowna, BC partly on the platform that crack users should be encouraged to get jobs (like trash collection) and be paid in part with crack. Good idea! They'll work, and smoke the crack, and work really hard so they get more crack, then work really hard again to get more crack...You see where I'm going. The big thing to me is, this guy came in fourth in a five-person race. Who the fuck did he beat? There must be an awful lot of crackheads in Kelowna who vote.

And for a local nutcase...back in October, Clayton Butsch from Lake Stevens was convicted of murdering his "friend" because his cat (named Sam, oddly enough) told him to. With friends like these....

Alright, enough crazies for now. Mattbear out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this I suddenly feel like I really have my shit together. Thanks Matt! I feel much better now.

Wiwille said...

Accidental incest. I have no idea what his point was in bringing that up, but then again I don't see the point in anything he does.