Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Up 'n' Down

I had a real up-and-down weekend.

Friday, I won our weekly poker game. Yay!
In the process, I pissed off one of my friends/opponents by breaking poker ettiquette. Boo!
I have since apologized for my behavior, and he apologized for storming out and yelling. Yay!
Plus, I finally got a house rule named after me. Boo/Yay!

Saturday, I officiated a wedding. Yay!
The bride was pretty much insane all day and everything was late. Boo!
The actual ceremony went well and everyone said I did great. Yay!

My Xbox 360 got the Red Ring of Death. Boo!
Microsoft says it's because I plug it into a surge protector and not directly into the wall. Boo!
They're going to cover it under extended warranty because they've admitted it's a production failure. Yay!
I won't have my 360 for 3-4 weeks. Boo!

Got my old '69 VW bus from my brother-in-law's place where it was stored. Yay!
By the time we got to Fall City, it was running on 3 cylinders, having spit out a spark plug (which it has done before) and I had to have it towed the rest of the way. Boo!

5 comments:

Wiwille said...

I'm really curious as to what this poker foul was.

Mattbear said...

Basically, on one hand, there were only two players in post flop. I was not one of them. The guy "out of position" made a big bet and got called. The turn came, and gave three cards to the flush. He bet big again, and got called again.

River came, another spade making 4 cards to the flush, and guy out of position went all in. The player on the button was taking a minute debating the call, and there was some table talk going on. I commented that he likely did not have the flush, because he bet big on the flop when there was no flush possibility yet.

The player on the button had the flush, and made the call. I was right in that the other player was trying to bluff it off with a high pair.

That's really a bad breach of poker ettiquette, but it is not uncommon in our game. However, a new house rule has been instituted against it.

Anonymous said...

Man, fuck poker.

Go fish or go home!

Mattbear said...

Ladies and gentlemen, the comedy stylings of Willtuck!

Psyber Wolf said...

Poker is good.

In WWII the Axis was basing tactics on chess, superior numbers, tactical advantages. -Boo

We on the other hand based our tactics on Poker, Bluffs, false fronts and making you think we got a crappy hand then hammering out the Royal flush. -Yah

Some times it didn't work, -Boo

Over all, it worked ;-) -Yah!