Thursday, November 01, 2007

Whedon gives Fox another show to cancel

I am no Joss Whedon fanboy. I did not care one whit about Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel. But I did very much like Firefly and its movie, Serenity. So I do pay a little bit of attention to what Whedon is up to.

I am a huge fan of Eliza Dushku. She's a very talented actress, as demonstrated here:


So, I pay attention when Joss Whedon gets a new show, and it's going to star Ms. Dushku - as has happened with the new upcoming show Dollhouse.

An interesting premise for this show, a good director, a hot star, and possibly a good writer, and Fox has signed a contract for seven episodes. So, you know, they'll probably cancel it by the second commercial break because the show is too good for them, seeing as how they've axed other excellent shows in the past for no reason - a habit that has been known to piss me off.

1 comment:

Wiwille said...

With the impending writers strike it doesn't stand much of a chance, but I'll watch it.