Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What do you geek out about?

A certain friend's wife is fond of complaining when we play video games that we are "geeking out". She's right, and she's wrong. Yes, we're geeks and we "geek out" about our video games. But I maintain that everyone is a geek about something. Jocks are just geeks about sports. Botanists are geeks about plants. Everybody has something they focus on, obsess on, can talk for hours with someone else about even when the rest of the world couldn't care less. We're all geeks.

As visual evidence, check out the 56 Geek poster. I see at least half a dozen that could be used to describe me.

5 comments:

Miles Orion said...

Wow...Can you believe that about half of those, maybe a little over half, describe me?

Mattbear said...

Yes, definitely yes, I can believe that. :)

Wiwille said...

Yeah there's quite a few that describe me. I'm not as cool as I think I am.

rawbean said...

I am also not as cool as I think I am. I realized this when I was teaching myself the rubik's cube

Psyber Wolf said...

Oh yah, I peg a few on that list too. Doh!