Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why I'm kinda mad at Fry's right now

I love Fry's Electronics normally. The place is like Mecca for geeks, except they put them conveniently nearer to you than Mecca is. I go there and it's like a religious experience. A really expensive religious experience.

Last week, I made a call to check on the balance of my Fry's card. It was really low, so yay. Except it also said I had no credit available. This was not right, so I pushed through to customer service. After explaining about the no credit available thing, the woman said it appeared to be a glitch in the system, everything was fine, I had a dangerously high amount of credit available. Awesome.

Saturday, we went to Fry's because I wanted to buy some cool stuff, as Wiwille suggests I am doing all the time. Shopped for a loooong time, because we always do when we go to Fry's, and got to the checkout with all our stuff, including Rock Band for the Xbox 360. It was a shopping trip made of awesome.

Then our card didn't work. And credit customer service was closed until Monday.

Dammit.

A nice (and hot) manager came over and put all our stuff on hold so we could come back and get it after the card issue was sorted out. Alrighty.

Monday comes, I get the card issue sorted out. For sure. I even call back into their phone system and it tells me I have unhealthy amounts of credit available. Awesome. We go back to Fry's.

The same nice (hot) manager girl is there, and sees us getting our stuff. She says somebody tried to sell our copy of Rock Band, but she wouldn't let them because she didn't want to let down our son. Cool. We get all our stuff and head to the car. As I'm loading the Rock Band box into the car, I see it says "PS2" on it. What the hell? Somebody swapped it so they could sell our 360 version. We go to exchange it, and sure enough, they're out of Rock Band for the 360.

Dammit.

The manager in the Returns department arranged for one to be shipped up to their store from another store in Oregon, and should be here in 2-3 days. That was nice of them, but dammit - we were really looking forward to some cheesy rockin' goodness last night. If I found out who pulled that swap so they could sell our package, I'd kick him in the nuts.

2 comments:

Wiwille said...

Practice much, cause I'm so going to kick your ass at it.

Mattbear said...

Oh, it's on now!

Or, it will be if I ever get Rock Band...