Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Randomness


Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead was invited to speak to the Welsh Assembly recently about the dangers of heroin. Lemmy spoke out about the drug, saying it was the only drug he'd ever seen kill anyone. Lemmy's suggestion was that it be legalised so users could be taken out of the grip of dealers and treated. This is a reasonable argument, really; even coming from a drug-addled speed metal singer. Some felt this was ridiculous due to Lemmy's prodigious drug use. I say if somebody has snorted, smoked, popped, and drank that much and lived to be 60 (and still rockin', mind you) and they say "Stay away from that shit, it'll kill ya," I'm fucking listening to them.

"Who would win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?"
"....Lemmy?"
"Wrong, dickhead, trick question! Lemmy is God!"
- Airheads

Tired of links? I like to overwhelm with information. Let's move on.

In other news, there are allegations that Bush wanted to bomb al-Jazeera headquarters in Qatar, but Tony Blair talked him out of it. Qatar happens to be one of the few allies we have left in that part of the world, and our leader apparently wanted to blow shit up in their territory. Even as anti-Bush as I am, I question the veracity of this claim - but we shall see what real evidence comes out. I'm not a big fan of al-Jazeera or Qatar for that matter. The al-Jazeera network is to Islamic radicals what the Fox network is to neo-con Big Brotherism. Qatar is to human rights what my appetite is to a medium rare ribeye (although they are still better than the Saudis, who are to human rights what Al Sharpton is to credibility). But the U.S. doesn't need to piss off one of our allied nations at a time when even Europe is pissed at us. Not to mention they're civilians. I'm pretty sure that would be considered a "war crime" regardless of how "quaint" our beloved Attorney General thinks the Geneva Convention is.

Tired of insulting similes? I like to overwhelm with witty attempts at humor. Let's move on.

I've never been a fan of Jimmy Carter - always considered him a wussy President. But after a recent interview on Leno in which he delivered a verbal bitch slap to the current administration, I might have to re-think my poor opinion of him. He actually sounded intelligent, and not like some folksy cracker who happened to get elected.

Tired of political stuff from me? Too bad. I'm obsessed with it these days. But for now, I'm done. Mattbear out.

No comments: