Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The only certainty is change

So, I've been making some changes in my life, and have some changes coming up.

First off, getting healthier, especially losing weight: At the beginning of January, I entered into a little contest against my boss and co-worker to see who could shed the most pounds in a month. My reputation for being fat and lazy is doubled or tripled at work, where I am often seen eating McDonald's breakfast and getting stains on my shirt. As such, neither of the other contestants thought I stood a hope in hell of beating them. But oh, I had a surprise for them! Today was the day of reckoning, and I've dropped 14 pounds in the last month - which made me the winner since they lost 9 and 7 pounds respectively. Go me!

Second, my job. Anyone who has known me for long knows my love-hate-but-mostly-hate relationship with my job. Well, that's finally changing. I gave my resignation (with, naturally, 2 weeks notice) today. There is something on the horizon for me, employment-wise, but I have to leave the Evil Empire first. Trust me, this is a good thing. Huzzah! I am Free!

Third, my "bachelor" days (long since only a technicality anyway) are going to disappear. Jen and I will be getting married come March 16, which is the 15th anniversary of us being together. Our intent is to have only a small ceremony with the minimal people present (The good Rev. Charley, and two witnesses). Jen says big party after, though.

Anybody dieing from shock yet? No? Good. Mattbear out.

1 comment:

Wiwille said...

I think I just had multiple strokes.