Monday, February 06, 2006

That Not-new-but-new-to-me Car Smell

There's a couple of things I've been wanting of late...a diesel vehicle in which to run biodiesel, and a truck. Being a homeowner, one often finds need for a truck to haul crap around in. Trips to Home Despot, the dump, whatever.

So Friday I went and bought a big diesel truck, thereby killing two birds with one stone. It's an '82 GMC Suburban, with a 6.2 liter diesel V8. It is HUGE. I've driven bigger vehicles back when I was doing delivery, but I've never owned anything this big. It is a monster.

I always name my vehicles. Generally, they have female names because I always think of my cars as girls. The Saturn is "Caroline", the Volvo is "Ella", and the VW is "Starchild" (you have to give a 1969 VW bus a hippie name, it's like a law or something). But the Suburban is too huge and ugly to be feminine. I don't want to give it a guy name though, so it's just going to have a nickname: Big Dog.

I love driving big vehicles, so I'm pleased as punch with Big Dog. That diesel engine has some guts to it, and there's so much room...even though it doesn't have the third row seat, I could comfortably fit six adults in the seats for a ride, and when we got where we were going those same six adults could comfortably have group sex in the back. It's that roomy.Alrighty...it's past my bedtime. That is all for tonight. Mattbear out.

No comments: