Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Test Drivin'

So, the other day I had my Durango at the dealership to get its regular service. It was going to be about an hour, so I cruised out to the showroom and was drooling over a Dodge Charger R/T. I started chatting with the sales manager, who was trying to get me to trade the Durango in on one. I told him that was not going to happen, but he said I could take it out for a test drive.

I swear, this car is made out of testosterone. It is the most unashamedly macho car I have ever driven. Five minutes driving this bad boy around, and I felt like Vic Mackey. I wanted to drive real fast, knock down some doors, rough up some gangbangers, and take their drug money. It was cool.

The Charger mixes old school muscle car raw power with modern amenities and something of a luxury car feel. It has much better handling than I expected from a car of its size and design.

Still, even if I had the $30k or so it would take to buy one, this isn't the car I would buy. It's nice, it's cool, but it's just not $30k worth. I wouldn't turn one down if somebody just wanted to give me one, though.

3 comments:

Wiwille said...

Is it one of those "I'll do gay shit for" cars?

Memophage said...

Um.. since when do you own a Durango? You don't tell me nuthin'.

How many cars/motorcycles does that make now?

Mattbear said...

Wiwille - Naah. You have to be in much cooler territory than the Charger for doing gay shit.

Memophage - I traded the Volvo in on the Durango back in February because I needed something 4x4 just to get home...the Volvo couldn't make it up the hill with the snow. Plus, the Volvo was falling apart. I told you about it, you just don't remember. And as for how many vehicles I own, we're actually down to 5 - the Mini, the Durango, the bus, the motorcycle, and the Jimmy (which still doesn't run). I donated the Saturn and the Suburban to charity because they were dead.