Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fox fucks Fillion...again

Perhaps you've heard of a little show created by Joss Whedon called Firefly. Perhaps, like me and so many others, you didn't discover it or become a fan until after the series was gone...because Fox canceled it after a single season. Despite the fact that it had a rabid fan following. Despite the fact that it could have - probably would have - gained significantly in ratings if given a little more time.

Firefly starred Nathan Fillion. A few weeks ago, Fox began airing a new series starring Fillion, called Drive. After airing a whopping three episodes (four if you count that the first one was a double), Fox has already canceled Drive. And this after Fillion apparently signed some kind of "talent holding contract" with Fox. Ouch. I really like Fillion, too; he's a charismatic and interesting actor.

So yeah...fuck Fox. If they didn't have House, M.D. (which they're going to show re-runs of in place of Drive) I'd never watch their damn network.

4 comments:

Wiwille said...

Was Drive any good?

Mattbear said...

Drive was actually pretty decent. Not as good as Firefly, but pretty good.

Miles Orion said...

Not a surprise, Fox is pretty stupid.

And honestly I don't watch anything on Fox at all. I watch my House MD on USA.

Anonymous said...

Drive will supposedly be back sometime this month...or at least, that's what I heard back in June. I wouldn't put it past the bastards at Fox to cancel it again just for the sheer pleasure.