Friday, June 06, 2008

Documentaries! and other stuff I like

There are a couple of documentaries coming out about things that interest me, and I'm excited to see them.

First off, Gonzo - a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson, one of my heroes. Documentary features Johnny Depp, Jimmy Carter (!), and more. Supposedly releasing on July 4, 2008. If it shows in Seattle, Wiwille and I are going dressed as Hunter. Trailer can be found here.

Second, Achievers - a documentary about fans of the film The Big Lebowski, and about the Lebowskifest. This apparently will screen for the first time at the upcoming Lebowskifest in Louisville, Kentucky in July. Trailer below, embedded from YouTube.

If you've never seen the brilliance that is The Big Lebowski, you must immediately go to the nearest video store and rent it and watch it - seriously, right now, quit reading this. I'm not sure I can talk to anyone who hasn't seen this movie.



Aside from documentaries, the Steampunk band Abney Park got interviewed recently. Not a bad little interview. They also got lauded by Coverville for their cover of the Radiohead song Creep. Coverville is a cool podcast that talks about and plays various artist's covers of famous songs. It's actually quite a well-done podcast. I probably never would have known about it had they not played Abney Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to dress up like Hunter, eh? Does that mean Erik is going to shave his head partially? I mean, I know you don't have to.haha Take pics for sure.