Friday, June 20, 2008

Soooooooo pissed at Netflix right now

Netflix, a service I love, has really pissed me off today. They have announced that they are getting rid of the profiles and separate queues.

Seems like a little thing, but you know, I pay for this service. Why should I continue to pay for the service when they have taken away the one thing that makes them superior to their competitor?

If it wasn't for the profile system on Netflix, I'd be awash in my wife's period piece romance movies, or watching 4 or 5 Cirque du Soleil DVDs in a row (I like Cirque du Soleil, but I need to break up watching their DVDs with something else!).

To add insult to injury, when they get rid of the profiles, they aren't going to merge or save the queues in any way. If you want, they'll e-mail you your queue list, and you can add it back manually.

I have 500 movies in my queue. I don't want to add them manually. Fuck you, Netflix.

I'm so mad, I'm thinking about canceling our account and switching to Blockbuster. And that's saying something, because I really, really hate Blockbuster.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Dude. That sucks. I hate when companies pull that kind of crap.

Cxx

Mizzle said...

In Soviet Russia, blockbuster hate you...

Wiwille said...

The only reason I decided to go with Blockbuster is the in store exchange. I'm thinking I made the right choice.