Friday, August 18, 2006

The Lord may work in mysterious ways, but I doubt this one.



Yes, another "Virgin Mary in foodstuffs" sighting. This time, the supposed image of the mother of the supposed saviour has come about in chocolate drippings at a sweets factory.

I may piss off some of my readers when I speak of religion, because I tend to do so unflatteringly. But this trend of seeing Mary or Jesus in mold or food or what-have-you is just ridiculous. Can't the sane among us - even the religious believers - agree with that?

Anyway, all I can think of is my favorite Tom Waits song.

2 comments:

rawbean said...

I agree...there is nothing worse than hype over something looking like the Virgin Mary.

I was in Florida once and some trees in front of a glass office building had been cut down. Where the trees used to be, there was an "image" in the glass that vaguely (if you squinted) resembled Mary. People were coming from all over the U.S. to see this shit. The funniest part was that there was a couple hot dog carts parked out front. Oh those vendors never miss an opportunity do they?

Wiwille said...

I'm failing to see the virgin in this. It looks like a bird? Was a creature of fowl the mother of the savior?