Saturday, August 26, 2006

More politics

So, lately, there seems to be a rash of Republicans who have made stupid racist comments on camera lately. This may seem like a series of unrelated screw-ups by conservatives with a racist bent. But I am wondering if this actually maybe part of their strategy.

Let's face it: the majority of the white people who hold racist views are going to vote Republican. (This is not to say that most Republicans are racist!) Look at the immigration debate and vitriol there and I think you'll see some racist motive. So is it not possible that by making these slightly off-color, racist remarks - publicly and on camera - they might be pandering to that vote? Trying to motivate those people to go out and vote for them, the politician seen as holding the same views and values?

Racism, even the hint of it, is definitely taboo in today's overly-politically-correct society. One has to assume that beyond those that are openly or conciously racist, there are those who hold some biased or racist views that they keep hidden or repressed. By making these somewhat minor "slips" and then apologizing, might this on some level appeal to those who have similar feelings, but don't want to admit it - to others, and possibly to themselves?

One of my favorite theories, Occam's Razor, dictates that the simpler idea of them just being ethnocentrics idiots who perhaps didn't see anything wrong with what they were saying, would hold true. One or two moron politicians doing it - ok, I'd agree. Three in the span of a week? That's one of those things that makes me go "Hmmmm".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Racism/Racist= Hatred towards race, or a particular race.
Sexist= Distain towards a particular Sex, M or F as substandard.

On that logic. Politicalism/Politicist= Hatred towards a particular politic structure, or a particular political view.

As such I would say I am not racist, as I have a bit of a mix myself, and though I am at odds with myself now and then I wouldn’t say I hate myself because of having a particular genetic coding in my DNA.
I’m not sexist, Ask my wife, she will tell you what my view point is ;-)

I do though have a certain amount of distain towards Hezbollah, al-Qaida, along with other mentally deficient groups, and feel the U.N. shoulda let Israel walk over them all the way back to the source. Not to say I like Jewish over others, just I like Their point of view over a terrorists point of view.

Of course saying that as a politician is unacceptable because war is not good regardless of point of view. But then Does that make me Politicist against Politicians? Because often I hate them too.

So over all there is some hatred there, distain, feeling of discomfort towards a particular group of people. Though I would dislike them regardless of color, sex, or speech impediments (usually being caused be being educated beyond their natural intelligence.)

The question is, does this make me a Republican? Because of hatred towards a certain population belief system. I probably would not be allowed into a government position because of openly having a dislike or hatred of such things as “Double talk” saying things to make someone believe one thing, while in fact doing something else. Which apparently is a requirement of anyone running for office, (any office)

Politicist against such groups as lawyers, particularly divorce lawyers who intentionally send “mistaken” information which has someone show up to court on the wrong day for court hearings, thus making them “unchallenged” to psycho spouses who want extremely unrealistic demands during a divorce. But then are such lawyers Republican or Democrats? Regardless I really do not like them and wish to send them someplace other then my home land.

There may be a point where politicalism will no longer be acceptable and as such may be outlawed like racism is frowned upon and outlawed to a certain degree. Then I guess I will go from a Republican (who puts people into groups anyhow?) to an outlaw, cuz my hatred for such twisted beliefs like flying people into buildings against their will, will never sit right with me.
That and telling me I must now follow a law that was made up because one or two people don’t have common sense to keep from jaywalking in front of a fast moving bus.

Or for a group of people who want to charge me more for tax because some idiot from another state decides to buy the property next to me for ten to fifteen times what it is actually worth.

I say punish the mentally deficient, join me on my bandwagon for Politicisim, Show some back bone and publicly show your hatred for those who’s political views are just frigg’n wrong!
Of course we should allow freedom of speech, it makes it easier to spot those who are politically wrong. Much like those running for local offices, that and those who feel they must murder innocent civilians because their political views state that if they believe in life, then they should die.
Be a Politicist and let them know how you really feel!

“The women fainted, men cheered, and the children waved multi-colored flags!”
-Quote from Stargate’s 200th episode.

Oh wait, you did say your political viewpoint..
um, well, how about...
Boo Creepy political people, Hooray for Beer!

-Psyber

Wiwille said...

Damn Republicans. Can't they see that all the faults of this country can be attributed to people of Guam?